I wish I remembered your sleepy eyes...
Staring at me in wonder and amazement
Fixated on my gentle smile so wise
My loving gaze erased tears' torment
I wish I remembered your tranquil lips...
Unruffled by the clamorous chaos near
And as the light hid under the moon's eclipse
Sleep touched you with a calm so clear
I wish I remembered your sweetened scent...
The eminent draw of warm cookies in winter
And as the sugary winter came and went
The candy-coated you remained just as you were
I wish I remembered the sound of your song...
Silently charming crowds in near distance
Your grace and joy danced pleasingly along
Drew a heightened path of least resistance
But my memory doesn't serve me right...
It remains a foggy haze.
It's the story I whisper to myself at night
That gets me through the days.
I wish that I remembered...
Just one simple thought of you...
I wish that I remembered...
But we never met before night fell on you...
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment