Searching... waiting...
Restlessly listening, or am I only hearing You.
Soften my heart God, quiet my mind...
Too often it is louder than Your whispers.
How is it I've known You all my life,
But every day can feel so new?
Why is it that my trust is tested,
And I forget in that moment,
What You have promised.
I search outside for what You offer...
Yet, You set it right before me.
I run to corners familiar...
When You've asked to run to You.
I cry into my pillow...
When You want to dry my tears.
I hold onto what's easy...
When You challenge me with faith.
Father, I lay me down...
I lay down my empty desires.
Fill me with Your gifts of love, grace, and hope.
Love overflowing... love of plenty.
Grace... undeserving... Grace... understanding.
Hope in You... Hope in me.
Father... forgive me.
Father... fill me.
Father... hear me.
Amen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment