Saturday, May 1, 2010

Love, Light, Life...

Letters and vowels scattered across a starving page...
Searching... for logic, for reason to remember a gift...
Easily forgotten, yet reverberating underneath the surface...
Ready to erupt from bubbling springs that once stood cold...

Life dances around me... love blooming as far as one can see...
I celebrate.... standing in awe of the unexpected that unfolds...
Meanwhile mending my own torn seams and patches...
A cozy quilt of my past and present sewn with hopes of tomorrow...

I stand in a field of knee-high grass... blue sky stretched out before me...
My bare feet feel the dampness of the earth as my heels sink in...
The sun sets in the distance painting an array of color...
A large brassy coin setting on a once beautiful day to a mysterious night...

The stars in the sky make company... the moon casts a familiar hello...
My face glows a silvery gray... It is not cold... It is transcendent...
The light envelopes me until day break when the sun brings warmth...
His presence still surrounds me... I am not alone...

Love surrounds me... Light within me... Life before me...
Life surrounds me... Love within me... Light before me...
Light surrounds me... Life within me... Love before me...

I pick up my mat... and walk...

1 comment:

Kendra Lise said...

Beautiful, Gina. You're amazing.