Monday, January 3, 2011

You are...

I stare at the shackles that lay open at my feet
And am drawn to my knees in thanksgiving
Iron rusting with time... as Your water erodes the
Ragged stones of my past, they become like fine sand
It's Your mercy...

I relentlessly battle with pride... the "I knows..."
Failing to feel the way Your current pulls
I stop stroking and drift gently into Your arms
Hold me in Your safety... embrace me in peace
It's Your promise...

I hear the words and lies my enemies have spewed
I alone cower to the fire and destruction they pour out
Shield me in Your truth... Draw out the sword of Your Spirit
I take refuge in my Father's... my Abba's house
It's Your offering...

I trust in Your word... I delight in Your timing
My heart is healing at the sound of Your voice
My soul is full with Your provision of love and grace
I praise you my King... Jehovah Adonai
It's Your love...

No comments: