I sit and wait for my next great adventure
Yet find myself chasing serenity and peace
I lead troops of soldiers fearlessly by day
While yearning to follow to find release
I stay strong to conceal the weakness within
While those who know me find it daunting
To grant a glance into my troublesome fears
Is to allow disbelievers to see me as taunting
Love is the only cliché that brings me comfort
Chasing romance brings me anticipation and sentience
So much effort brings return needed or unwanted
It's the gamble I love, while dismissing vengeance
Though some stay hindered from past hurt and heartache
I pull strength from within to live untainted
At times it has scorched me and left me lonely
But with each ache, I learn more to get reacquainted
The mirror returns me a vague self-reflection
She is not broken yet still seeks to be whole
With each day, lessons learned craft one piece
And those missing are still waiting to be consoled
At times revisiting the past rebuilds the absent bits
But no guarantee is written to reference in stone
And though time can only heal so much tenderness
I one day realize its not so frightening to be alone.
Sunday, November 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment