I cry for much... I laugh too loud
My words blur together as it races behind my thoughts
I rumble while I sleep while quietly dreaming of you
But love me for me, or not at all...
I stumble yet again... I brush myself off
I lay awake this night to soothe the nagging queries
My heart reaches out to you, my mouth sewn shut
But love me for me, or not at all...
I expect plenty... I give too much
My rich curiosity a bottomless pit of questions
My time-wrinkled face speckled with youthful freckles
But love me for me, or not at all...
I get tired and lonely... I'm joyous and loving
I whisper to myself in hopes you might hear me
I slouch down in fear my shadow will overwhelm you
But love me for me, or not at all...
I grumble of hurt... I shout when excited
I talk obliviously over your tears, so you can hear mine
I preach life and love truths, yet forget to live
But love me for me, or not at all...
I am often wrong... Yet, always right
I forget the "I'm sorry" at the end of a fight
But tonight I ask for forgiveness with one special request
To love me for me, or not at all...
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thanks for inviting me to you blog I love it! You are an amazing writer.
Post a Comment