Saturday, July 2, 2011

Simple Reminder

As you opened the door, my heart raced within me...
An awkward pause as I searched for permission
To nestle within your arms once more...
As your hand rested against my neck
I found the familiar comfort I started to forget.
... and I wanted to stay there forever.
An awkward pause as you asked permission
To kiss these lips that always welcomed yours...
A hesitant pause wondering if I would lose all control
And I cowered beneath my fear for the moment
Left powerless beneath my desire for you
My desire for us... for a familiar connection
I started to forget...
As your lips met mine, all fear dissolved
The love swept past my lips
Over and over and over again...
To hear you tell me you love me
Warmed me like a heavy blanket
I could not bare to leave you
In fear of the chill without you near me.
In a moment, I was filled up with you
And all the love that was waiting
Bubbled to the surface pouring over you
As I left you on the doorstep
All I knew was that I wanted to love you...
That I didn't want another moment
Without the warmth of your love.
It was just the simple reminder I needed...

No comments: