The eerie emptiness on the heels of goodbye.
Searching for the yearning, but coming up empty.
Searching for the yearning, but coming up empty.
The emptiness filled with space... with air... with light.
The golden light pours out on the table we used to share.
The table that feels more full with you gone.
Gone... I dreamed of this moment. The moment I left you.
The moment I could say goodbye firmly planted.
The moment I could feel the freedom fill my body.
The energy superseding any semblance of remorse... of guilt.
The moment I chose me.
I search the deep and vast banks of my memories.
Searching for something I'll miss.
Something that will open the doors to doubt.
I come up empty. I revel in the emptiness.
An emptiness I now fill.
Breathing out the stale air of us.
Breathing in the newness of me.
Not just the me before you... the me now.
Stronger, wiser, braver.
And for that, I thank you.
I thank you for the pain, the void, the loneliness.
Because in those years of loneliness, I found me.
Stronger, wiser, braver.
The fire in me that was suffocated by the weight of you.
The fire that now burns like an inferno in me.
Goodbye, dear lover.
My lover who never loved.
My lover who choked my love.
My lover who loved only himself.
Goodbye, forever. Goodbye.

No comments:
Post a Comment